With the constant updates surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), feelings of stress or anxiety might be overwhelming right about now. Just as important as it is to monitor your physical health and practice sensible health habits, you should also do an internal check on the condition of your mental health.
We have been perfecting TeleHealth since 2017.
- EMDR offered via video conferencing services
- Several video conferencing options based on client comfort
- Sessions by phone
- Hybrid models: with some sessions in person, some via telehealth.
Below are some tips from the CDC that you can do to take care of yourself:
- Avoid excessive media exposure to Coronavirus news coverage. Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories. It can be upsetting to hear about the crisis and see images repeatedly.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, and/or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep, and avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Carve out “me” time to unwind and remind yourself that strong feelings will fade. Try to do some other activities you enjoy to calm your fears and gain back some sense of normalcy.
- Connect with others. Share your concerns about how you are feeling with a friend or family member. Maintain healthy relationships.